THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
At Synergy Integrated Healthcare Inc./ Synergy Chiropractic and Health Center, we are committed to treating and using protected health information about you responsibly. This Notice of Health Information Practices describes the personal information we collect and how and when we use or disclose that information. It also describes your rights as they relate to your protected health information. This Notice is effective January 1, 2003, and applies to all protected health information as defined by federal regulations.
Understanding Your Health Record/Information
Each time you visit Synergy Integrated Healthcare Inc./ Synergy Chiropractic and Health Center, a record of your visit is made. Typically, this records contains your symptoms, examination and test results, diagnoses, treatment, and a plan for future care of treatment. This information, often referred to as your health or medical record, serves as a:
- Basis for planning your care and treatment,
- Means of communication among the many health professionals who contribute to your care,
- Legal document describing the care you received,
- Means by which you or a third-party payor can verify that services billed were actually provided,
- A tool with which we can assess and continually work to improve the care we render and the outcomes we achieve.
Understanding what is in your record and how your health information is used and helps you to: ensure its accuracy, better understand who, what, when, where, and why others may access your health information and make more informed decisions when authorizing disclosure to others.
Your Health Information Rights
Although your health record is the physical property of Synergy Integrated Healthcare Inc./ Synergy Chiropractic and Health Center, the information belongs to you. You have the right to:
- Obtain a paper copy of this notice of information practices upon request,
- Inspect and copy your health record as provided for in 45 CFR 164.524
- Amend your health record as provided in 45 CFR 164.528
- Obtain an accounting of disclosures of your health information as provided in 45 CFR 164.528
- Request communications of your health information by alternative means or at alternative locations,
- Request a restriction on certain uses and disclosures of your information as provided by 45 CFR 164.522, and
- Revoke your authorization to use or disclose health information except to the extent that action has already been taken.
We are required to:
- Maintain the privacy of your health information,
- Provide you with this notice as to our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to information we collect and maintain about you,
- Abide by the terms of this notice,
- Notify you if we are unable to agree to a requested restriction, and
- Accommodate reasonable requests you may have to communicate health information by alternative means or at alternative locations.
We reserve the right to change our practices and to make the new provisions effective for all protected health information we maintain. Should our information practices change, we will mail a revised notive to the address you’ve provided us.
We will note use or disclose your health information without your authorization, except as described in this notice. We will also discontinue to use or disclose your health information after we have received a written revocation of the authorization according to the procedures included in the authorization.